28 September 2005

Lazy Alcoholic Homosexual II

So, where did I leave off? Oh, yes it was April 18th, 2002, and MMA and I had just gotten verbally engaged. It was about 3 a.m. and I immediately went upstairs to wake Megan up to tell her the good news. I was fucking thrilled. She groggily woke up and hugged me, and we went down to the basement to sit and drink a beer with MMA and smoke a cigarette. Megan stayed up for a little while with us and then went back to bed. MMA and I chilled for awhile, had a few more beers (okay, after that we got trashed.) Suddenly MMA goes into the bathroom and starts puking his guts out. I'm like "What the fuck?" because he hadn't had that many beers - I think we had about six or eight each, and we weren't terribly drunk either, just blah drunk. I did something for him that I had never done for anyone in my life... I rubbed his back and patted a cold wet paper towel on his forehead, while he puked. Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot stand the sound of puking. I don't mind the sight of it too much, I still mind it but not so much, but it's really the sound of that wrong-way moving throat muscles that really get to me. I was so nice to MMA... We went to bed and everything was great.
The next day we went to the mall to pick out rings. I had a Zale's credit card from when I was engaged to Cowboy, and figured we could use that to get the rings. MMA said he felt bad having me put them on my card, but he would save up the money and pay me back as soon as possible. He was only a waiter at this point in time, but he was working on getting his websites back up and that would bring lots of money in, no problem. I didn't see a problem with this, since the rings were going on a credit card anyway, which gave me time to pay them off. The girl at the store said the rings would be in by Tuesday, April 23rd, 2002. If only I knew what was to come along with those tiny bands of white gold.

No comments: