13 September 2005

Strange Dreams

The last two nights I have had the strangest dreams.

Sunday night I dreamt that I was at work, and there was a huge storm. Thunder, lightening, torrential downpours, animals and people being washed away, etc. (I'm thinking there was a Hurricane Katrina influence here, but the storm wasn't a hurricane.) So it's so stormy that even though it's mid-afternoon, the power is out and the sky is black and you can't hardly see anything. People are gathering in the parking garage and trying to stay safe, but I keep telling them they should not be under there because the storm is going to collapse the building.

This little negro child in a boat floats past me, crying. I swim over to him and get in the boat and he's telling me how wonderful it is to see me in this thick southern accent that sounds kind of cajun-ey. It isn't annoying like Ferfer's, and I even thought that in the dream. He was telling me that his whole family drowned and he was out looking for a new one, when suddenly this metal statue that is in the little sitting area outside the doors got hit by lightening. The jolts from the electricity bounded through the waters and the little boy was electrocuted because he had his hand in the water. He was shocked, but not really hurt.

We paddled down to the parking garage to find someone to help us look through the area for drowning/stranded people. This dude volunteered, and in my dream he worked with me but he wasn't anyone from my real-life work. He climbed into the boat with us and we started going out of the parking garage, and as we just got out, the whole thing collapsed and killed everyone inside. The whole building tumbled and slid down the hill right onto 270. The three of us paddled as quickly as we could away from the area. We went across the street (which was now underwater) and saw someone hanging onto a tree branch, about to get swallowed up by water. Dude had a long chain, the kind you tie a dog to, and he threw it at the person to hang onto and come to the boat. They missed, and it got wrapped around a metal light pole. The little boy tried to help the dude get it untangled, and at the very second the chain started whipping back to the boat, it got hit by lightening. When it reached the little boy, it was so hot and moving so fast that it sliced him right in half and each half of the little boy exploded. The dude jumped into the water, trying to pick up pieces of the little boy and tossed them into the boat. It created this terrible brown and red slime in the bottom of the boat that was getting thicker and thicker and the dude was convinced the boy would just fuse back together.

The dude eventually drowned after what seemed like hours of searching in the water for pieces for trying to fuse the little boy together. The moment he drowned, the sun came out and everything cleared up. The cops came, and this chick cop was asking me what happened to the little boy and the dude. I didn't think it was a good idea to tell her the truth, so I told her that a chain had been flung off of the nearest building, and it hit the boy at the same time as lightening did and he melted. She asked about the dude and I told her he drowned trying to save someone, which wasn't exactly a lie. Days later, after the water had receeded, they never found the dude's body and no one remembered him existing.

I had another strange dream last night but I can't exactly recall it - all I know is that I was responsible for something and I couldn't do it and I tossed and turned all night and I'm incredibly fucking tired today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that saying I would like you was presumptious. Everyone who's anyone knows I have a distaste for people that have dreams based on world events.

K said...

Well it's not like I make it a habit or anything! Plus I would not assume it was based on world events - there are a lot of torrential storms in Ohio!