27 September 2005

Strange Dream... Six?

I think this is the sixth strange dream documented in the blog... not sure.

So, in this dream, GG and TG live in the attic of an opulent house belonging to a teeny little asian woman. The house is all gold and mirrors and reds, but the attic is cute and countryish. GG and I are hanging out in the attic with my (dream) husband, NB (now that is weird!) and just talking. TG comes up the stairs and has two feral cats with him. One is a Ragdoll female cat, and the other is a Persian. They are really dirty and have chunks of mud and mats in their fur. The cats are hissing and screaming and causing a general ruckus in the attic. TG lets them go, and they fly straight for GG; she is sitting in a wheelchair for some reason, even though we all know she isn't disabled, even in the dream. It's just her chair of choice. The cats sit on her lap and foam at the mouth, staring each other down. GG thinks they are playing and tries to pet them and they just stare at her, growling. NB tells me that I need to take a shower with the asian lady's special soaps and shampoos, because he heard that that would make the cats calm. So he and I sneak down into the main part of the house, and find a special shower/bath area with a huge walk in shower (seriously, you could fit like 8 people in it) and a giant bathtub (again, 8 people) and all sorts of oils and soaps and stuff like that. NB sets up a bath for me, with bubbles and everything (it could have been romantic, but I was concerned about getting the feral cats to calm down.) I take a bath while he watches out for the asian woman to come home. When I'm done with the bath, I get into the shower to rinse off the bubbles and bath oils, and NB spontaneaously joins me. Nothing happens, we just rinse off. We get out and as we're drying off, the asian woman comes home but we get out of the bathroom just in time as she walks around the corner. She smiles and says "hello" and NB and I walk upstairs to the attic. GG hears us come in and she says, "What did you guys do? The cats disappeared!" So NB and I figure out that by taking a bath and a shower, the cats will not only calm down but they will disappear completley. We leave GG to go find TG because we know he's out collecting more wild cats and we want to stop him. NB and I are driving down the road (which looks exactly like Route 82 in Macedonia, OH, where I grew up) and we see a pack of wild cats in the K-Mart parking lot. NB jumps out of the car and I scoot over to the driver's side. He runs towards the K-Mart doors to warn people to get back inside, and the pack of cats turns on him. They chase him to the doors and since it's night time and the K-Mart is just closing, they have just locked the doors. The pack of wild cats devours NB, bones and clothes and everything. It's like he wasn't even there. I'm terrified now, so I drive over to the Burger King and buy a bunch of chicken tenders and Whoppers and I'm tossing them out the window, wrapper and all, to try and keep these cats at bay til I can get back to the house and take a bath and a shower. I finally get to the house and I'm running inside, stepping on cats as I go. I'm in, and ready to take a bath and a shower, and the asian lady is there, yelling at me. She says I can't take a bath or a shower, neither one, because my American body isn't fit to touch her gold tub and shower floor. She said she would have to completely destroy the entire bathroom after my terribly soul came in contact with it. I told her that the neighborhood was in danger, and I had to take a shower and a bath to get the cats to disappear. So she makes an agreement, I can bathe and shower in her regular bathroom, using the special soaps and oils and so on. I don't think it will work, but I try it anyway. The asian lady sets up the bathroom for me, draws the bath, and leaves me a few raggedy towels. I start to wonder if I need NB in the shower in order for it to work completely. I'm in the bath, soaking and washing with the special soap, when NB walks in. I stand up and get water all over the floor, but he comes to me and hugs me. "I thought those cats devoured you!" I cry, and he says, "I thought they were going to but I slipped through this crack in the pavement and ended up in the K-Mart basement. The cats couldn't figure it out." We hug again, and he tells me that we better shower now because the feral cats outside are getting wilder. He takes off his clothes and gets in, and we shower. We take a really long shower because there are a lot of cats. Again, nothing happens (ha, you know, sexually.) We get out and dry off, and NB gets dresses and goes to check on GG and the pack of cats. I am getting ready, drying my hair and stuff, and I notice that there is a puzzle on the bathroom counter. There is a picture of an eye, a square, and a sphere. I'm trying to figure it out, and suddenly I do - I put my contacts lens case on the picture of the eye, my washcloth on the picture of the square, and my cigarette on the sphere (not sure how that one worked, but whatever.) There is a huge BOOM! and a bright flash outside, and all the hissing and screaming stops. I walk upstairs, and NB looks at me and says, "It was the weirdest thing - they just disintegrated!" We get GG and bring her downstairs, still in her wheelchair, and we all three go outside for a walk. There are no cats anywhere, and no one remembers the cats even being around. I wake up when a car alarm outside starts going off.

No comments: