19 September 2005

Wake Me Up When November Comes

A ladybug just landed on my desk. Must mean good luck.

Thursday was really uneventful in the evening. I refused to go out because of the events of Wednesday night, so instead I stayed home and watched some television, played on the internet, and talked to SL and IG on a three way call. They were being all silly and geeky and stuff, but I didn't mind, they crack me up. Besides, I was playing Text Twist on Yahoo! Games most of the time anyway.

Friday was also fairly uneventful, work was pretty easy, and then I went to see my shrink. OY. He told me that if I didn't stop drinking so much he was going to send me to rehab. That sucks. He said he would be "negligent" if he didn't tell me. That sucks. I'm not too happy about this, but on the other hand, he has a point. I don't have a problem now, but I think I could have a problem soon. I don't want to turn out like all those "winners" who live at Zuey's and Eldo's. I know I spend a lot of time there, but at this point I'm choosing to drink - I don't want it to get to the point where I am needing to drink. That would suck. So Friday night while I was talking to SL I had one beer.

Saturday I planned on going to SK's football game but I woke up with the worst migraine ever so I went back to sleep. Woke up again around noon-thirty and got ready for KL's baby shower. Went to that, it was pretty fun. Jclyn was there with her daughter and a new man... I don't know what to think of him, he seems awesome and nice and a little too perfect... oh well, as long as she's happy. There were a few other dudes there, which I thought was strange for a baby shower, but it was a fun time anyway. The theme was OSU tailgate, and we had tailgate food like meatballs and wings and pasto salads. We played some cute games, one where everyone got a teeny plastic baby in an ice cube and whoever's melted first won (not mine), another one where you had to drink lemonade out of a baby bottle with a nipple and everything (I almost won but my mouth hurt!) and then one where they put baby food in diapers and you had to guess which was which (Jclyn won but I didn't play, yuck.) It was pretty fun. I had three Miller Lites at KL's shower. I left around five so I could go to church, but on the way to church I started feeling headachy again. I went in anyway and sat for awhile, but I kept feeling like I was going to puke so I left just before mass actually started. I went home and chilled and watched "The Incredibles" which is actually a really cute movie. SL called me around ten thirty, and we ended up talking until three a.m. Fun as always.

Sunday I worked on my novel in the afternoon, and then went to karaoke. I am really going to work on this not drinking thing, so I had one Bloody Mary which I didn't even finish, and then I drank O'Doul's for the rest of the night, except for the one Molson Exel (NA Beer) that I had, which tasted like the worst thing I ever could imagine. O'Doul's actually isn't too bad. It pretty much tastes like a Miller Lite that has been sitting out for an hour. Not bad. I did find out, however, that bar life through sober eyes is disgusting. I can't believe that I used to not mind hanging around this crap. It was really gross. I mean, I can't stand drunks anyway, but I suppose when I'm just as drunk as they are, I don't notice. Man, I sure noticed last night! I seriously had a hard time staying. The only reason I stayed for my last song is that it was "Hello It's Me" by Todd Rundgren and it was a Buster Hymen that I wanted to do for a long time. The place was pretty empty so I figured it was a good time to sing it. Before I sang that, Uncle B. and I sang "Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You" and in the middle, SL called me. I had him listen. We talked until it was my turn to sing, then he listened to my "Hello It's Me" as well. Then I left. Yuck. Drunks. We stayed on the phone until about four thirty a.m. I'm worried because he has court today and I want it to turn out well.
Oh well. Til later.

No comments: