08 September 2005

An Ode to Taco Bell

I love taco bell. This post is going to be non-sensical, just so you know.

The best things in life are not free, they are chewy, crunchy, cheesey, and drippy. I love going to Taco Bell after a long night of drinking at Zuey's and ordering nine items for $3.03 and absolutely chowing the fuck down in my bed when I get home while reading a lame romance novel. The Beast does not taste nearly as good when alone as it does when you're using it to wash down the faux-mexican salty mess of crap that is a Taco Supreme with extra sour cream or a single nacho chip practically collapsing from the weight of the nacho cheese sauce. Then, after the food is gone, I pass out and wake up wondering why I feel funny inside.

Taco Bell is also great for worktime lunch. The office rounds up cash and sends out two people to the Taco Bell and when they return, it's awesome. We spread everything out on the conference room table, and amidst 100's of packets of sauce and piles of napkins, you claim your steak burrito or your nachos bell-grande. It's almost like a free for all! Then, seven minutes and forty-three seconds later, it's over. It's a tragedy, it ends as quickly as it began. We retreat back to our offices and cubicles, and continue through the day.

In short, I love Taco Bell.

Last night I went to Zuey's and hung out with RJ, SR, and Loggy. We played four games of pool, and Loggy and I won three. We would have won the fourth, but somehow I scratched the eight ball which was on the complete opposite side of the table from where my cue ball ended up. Odd. I'm pretty shitty at playing pool, but Loggy was putting the chalk behind the ball to show me where to aim. It helped. I made a really awesome shot where I hit the green solid ball all the way down to the opposite rail and it bounced back and went in the corner pocket. Yay! I ruled. Loggy is really awesome too. I never realised he was until last night, mostly because we have never really talked. We say hi and stuff, but never actually had a conversation. He's actually quite good looking too, I've never noticed! The funniest thing that happened last night was when I was taking my last shot before the eight ball, and RJ was standing right next to the area where I was aiming. I hit the ball straight on, and it jumped the rail and hit RJ right in his jewels. Oh man, I felt so bad. It was absolutely hilarious though because he didn't even flinch or anything, he just kinda looked at me funny. I was like "oh god! I'm so sorry!" and I couldn't help laughing. It was terrible and hilarious.

Tonight going out with KP again, we had to reschedule from yesterday because she was sick. :(

No comments: