03 January 2006

Start Spreadin' the News...

Yay!
I love my boyfriend.

Well let's see. This whole past week was fairly uneventful, as the few days between Christmas and New Year's usually tends to be. I really did nothing. The only eventful thing that happened before the weekend was that my ex-something-or-other, boyfriend I guess, called me up to go to karaoke. We had a wonderful time, hanging out at Eldo's with GG and Zara and him and his friend. They paid for the drinks nearly all night long, I bought one round, and it was just awesome. The only shitty part was when I got so trashed... not sure why or how, I think it was because of all the shots they kept buying for me... oh man. So finally I'm like "shit I don't think I'll be able to drive" and NC (the ex-whatever) said he would take me home if I couldn't and probably spend the night because he would take me back to my car in the morning. I was like hey great, so I called SL to let him know. He wasn't too thrilled about the idea, and I was like damn and he was pretty mad. But I ended up driving home with NC following me and he even called SL to let him know we had arrived safely and then he left. All in all, a great night even though SL was a little bitchy for a minute. I went to bed, and woke up with the worst migraine ever. I'm pretty sure I wasn't too hung over, just a little, but I did have this terrible migarine. I could barely function. NC and his friend came over later in the day and tried to offer me some beer... I totally refused. I slept most of the day and then when it came time to go to bed, I couldn't sleep. I really wanted to because I had to wake up at six a.m. to leave for Jersey, but I couldn't. It sucked.

So Saturday I woke up at 06:00 and showered and got ready and headed over to GG's around seven. We got on the road, like really on the road the freeway and all, around 08:00. We stopped twice for gas (I left C-bus w/ half a tank) and Wendell only had to pee once. Made it to Downington in about seven hours, it would have been less but all of a sudden it started sleeting out of nowhere and the roads went from fine to shitty in seconds. Then there were two accidents which slowed traffic down in addition to the road conditions. But it wasn't too bad. I dropped GG off with IH and headed to Jersey. I made it there in about two hours. I would have been there sooner if the mapquest directions weren't all jacked up. Technically I was in Rahway in an hour and a half, but I spent another thirty minutes driving in circles trying to find SL's house. It sucked, and was just the beginning of too much time spent in the car this weekend. When I finally got there, SL and his brother-in-law W met me outside. I was so happy to see SL. They fed me a White Castle and some cheese and chips, and handed me a beer and a mixed coconut drink. I felt loved.
I called my parents to let them know I had arrived safely, and all they had to say was that I was trying to kill my cats because Mickey had pneumonia and Fox almost had it and Sheeba was coughing. I was like what the hell because when I saw them last on Friday night it wasn't that bad. Mickey had a little bit of a stuffy nose and a slight cough, but the other two were fine. My dad is just bitching and yelling at me about how I owe them $500.00 now for the vet bill and how I am irresponsible and blah blah blah. (Turns out that Mickey had an upper respiratory infection on the verge of having pnuemonia and Fox had a slight upper respiratory infection and Sheeba had nothing.) So I had to listen to him bitch for like ten minutes and then I was like, "Glad to hear you're happy I made it safely. I'll be home Monday" and hung up. Then I called GG and told her I was there and it was good-dih.
We drank a couple more beers and then headed to the hotel where I gave SL his Christmas presents - some little cards I had colored and written quotes on and then the grand mamma of them all... Me in a bow. So it was really a red teddy type babydoll thing, but it was as close to a bow as I could get. He LOVED it. Truely. We spent some time at the hotel then and headed back to Aunt C's (where W and his kids and his ex live with her) but stopped for chinese food on the way. We got about ten pounds of food for $20.06 and that was awesome. We sat and drank some beers with W and then watched the ball drop. After that it was pretty uneventful, until this bitch called SL.
Every time I'm with him, she calls. It's like she knows. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but when I was in Florida she called nine times in one day. I finally answered the phone and she said, "Is SL available?" and I said "nope" and hung up. She called him the next day and was like, "Who was that?" and SL said "My girlfriend" and I guess she hasn't called him since... until New Year's Eve. And he pissed me off because instead of saying "I'm with my girlfriend" or something, he said, "I'm going to bed I'll call you tomorrow." When I asked him who it was he just shrugged his shoulders, then W said, "Hey she asked you a question!" and I looked at SL and I was like, "It was Rebecca wasn't it?" and then I was mad. I was mad for about ten minutes until SL made me go outside with him and he called her and said, "I can't talk to you anymore because it makes my girlfriend mad" and she was bitching and I could hear her. I appreciated his effort but at the same time it was almost like when your mom says "I'm going to stand right here til you apologize!" and then you have to apologize because she's standing right there. Oh well. At least he tried. We left Aunt C's and headed back to the hotel, and fought a little bit more on the way, but we got over it by the time we were back.

The hotel was so loud. I called the front desk about six times because there were all these people in the hallway screaming and yelling and they didn't even stop until about 03:30. It was so irritating. We woke up around 09:30 on Sunday morning and headed to SL's brother and sister-in-law's house around noon. I got to meet all his nephews and niece (except one nephew) and eat real NJ pizza... it was limp. Like a really super flamer's wrist. But okay. SL gave my my christmas present, which happened to be a pair of Amethyst earrings that I just love! We hung out there for awhile and then started driving to Lyndhurst to meet SL's mom and so we could catch the bus to NYC. I met his mom and she was really nice, but we didn't get to talk much because she was at work and really busy. Hopefully I will get to meet her again soon and actually spend some time with her. We headed to this other hotel then to catch the bus to NYC, and this is where the weekend went bad-ish.
The whole weekend, SL drove. He scared me to death and I nearly had 12 heart attacks in addition to the fact that he had a very VERY bad sense of direction and he had no idea where anything was, for the most part. It would take an hour to get 20 minutes because he would go the wrong way like five times. So we're on our way to get the bus and he calls his brother to make sure of where to go. We ended up driving around for literally two hours. Turns out that at the intersection where SL called AL, all we had to do was turn right and it was two blocks down to the bus stop. I was so pissed. But we made the bus and it was fun riding there.

When we got to NYC I was just amazed. It was so busy and bright and crazy. I wasn't too impressed though, I guess I was just expecting so much more. And it's nothing like the TV shows I watch that take place in NYC, which I was expecting anyway, but I thought maybe there would be at least something I could recognise. Not so. I got my picture taken with a real NYPD Officer McDonald!


We went to Times Square, the Empire State Building, Chinatown (smells like fish), and Little Italy. It was all quite fun, except the restaurant, which was called Casa Bella and it's the worst restaurant I've ever been to and I'm going to call and complain later. Seriously. They did this stupid shit where they add the tip on for you... even for a party of two. That's bullshit. But I got to ride the subway and see all sorts of things I have never seen before, and I got to experience it all with SL and that was the best part, walking down the street with him holding hands and just being happy. It was great. Even though some shitty stuff happened, it was totally eclipsed by my happiness with SL.
We got back to NJ after riding the bus (the driver caught us trying to use Child Fare tickets even though I had made an "honest" mistake in buying the wrong ones) and we were just about at the hotel when K (W's ex wife) called and said Aunt C was waiting up for us, so of course we had to go back. Yeah, this 20 minute ride took another hour. When we got there Aunt C wasn't even up and K wanted SL to change her MySpace page and it seemed like a pointless trip. I was so irritated at this because I just wanted to sleep. But we drank a beer and then headed back to the hotel. It was alright.

We woke up at about 10:30 and I was so sad but this time I didn't cry. We checked out at noon and went over to Aunt C's again. We hung around there until it was time for me to leave at 15:00 and SL decided he wanted to go with me. W and K followed us in the van with their kids sto Downington, and we stopped at McD's and met GG and IH there. It was alright. GG and I got on the road about 19:00 and we were so silly the whole time, talking about all different things. I got in a stupid fight with my mom about the cats and my "money situation" again and it was irritating. She said I should have SL "out of my system now" and I didn't need to go to FLA or NJ or anything. That really pissed me off because when he was here they loved him. I'm sure she was just being a bitch and taking it out on SL but it was still wrong. GG and I talked about how we will be when we're old and I have one thing to say: "BRB I have to go find my dentures..." Hahahaha, sorry it's an inside thing GG and I came up with last night. The weather was pretty shitty driving home, lots of rain and fog. I dropped GG off around 01:45 and got home to my house about 02:00. When I unpacked my suitcase I found SL's keys in my suitcase... that wasn't awesome. I left him a voicemail saying I was home alright and finally fell asleep after finishing The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

A good weekend. Go to the Photobucket to see more pics of NYC and SL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kell, you go girl..those amethyst ear-rings are to die for. SL has great taste!! Makes up for the driving around in circles,yes?lol Glad you had a great time in New York. I've been there a few times. One of these days want to go on New Year's Eve and stay at the best hotel that faces Times Square, yep, when I hit the lottery!lol
Ah, the joys of listening to your parents yell at & telling you your doing it all wrong...I'm 42 now..and wish I still had my mother yappin in my ear about all of my, would haves, could haves and should haves..it's out of "their" love for you girl that they nag! And YES, they want you happy,...but to get happy their way, ya think? As far as I know, I haven't met a mother yet that wants to see her daughter lost in love over a guy....Glad your kitties are doing better! A cat w/a cough,bad thing. Love the pic's!One more thing..jealousy, ugly word, ugly emotion. I've been w/BW now for 6 yrs...any girl/woman can call him all she wants, cuz I'm the one HE loves, and who else is going to cook, clean, wipe his booty and love him like I do. No-one!For me, love & trust go together, ain't no room for jealousy. The next time you are w/SL invite the ex to go out w/you and the gang... and she will see how madley in love you too are!Success is the best revenge!
On another note..who cares who gives you a ride home when you've had too much to drink as long as arrive saftly home!TC & keep up the post!