27 July 2005

Cocaine Ends up in Lost and Found

Read about it here.

Well my first night as a hermit didn't go too badly. I worked until about six thirty, came home, watched some television, and called GMc. I wanted to eat pizza but I hate eating pizza alone. Imagine a hermit not wanting to eat 'za alone.

I ordered the pizzas and GMc showed up around 8pm. He brought chicken and corn and mashed potatoes for a snack. We waited and waited and finally I called Pizza Hut because it had been way longer than 50 minutes since I ordered the 'zas. The lady said it should be any minute now, and no sooner had I hung up the phone and lit a cigarette than there was a knock on the door. Dude dropped off the 'zas and lo and behold, they were wrong. Well, one of them was right, but mine was wrong! It was supposed to be pan pizza with pineapple, onion and bacon, but instead it came as a supreme, hand-tossed. Yuck, meat. So I called them back, and an hour later I had my correct pizza - almost - they still gave me hand-tossed crust but whatever. I dealt with it.

GMc and I looked at some old pictures he had in his briefcase then, and I got to see what his ex-wife looks like. She actually looked exactly like I pictured her, except for I thought she would be a little bit heavier (she is v. thin!) and have blonde hair not black hair. She is tall too. I saw some pics also of some people I knew, from back in the day. Then I showed him some old pics of me when I used to be thinner. Amazing.

After that little throwback to olden days, we watched a movie called The Mambo Kings. It was pretty good. I was really impressed with the casting they did for Desi Arnaz, Sr., until I found out that he was played by Desi Arnaz, Jr. Hahaha. When that movie was over, we watched The Village. GMc was disappointed by the end just like I was, but I think he really liked it. I would have to say that is going to be one of my new favorite movies. I just wish it had a better ending. There was so much more potential! GMc left around 12:35 a.m., and I stayed up and watched Conan a little bit and then went upstairs to read and sleep. Apparently I fell asleep while reading because I woke up sometime in the night and the lights were on and I was wearing my glasses still.

What an exciting life I now lead as a hermit.

No comments: