21 July 2005

Magnetic Resonance Imaging

We'll start on Tuesday.

Poke came over after work and we hung out and watch some silly country music special about the 40 greatest "Done Me Wrong" songs of all time. Around ten thirty we decided to head up to the Crown on Sancus and do some karaoke. It was packed when we got there, but we found a table and chilled. It was really, really fun. I got to sing three songs, Poke got to sing four, and this was amazing because when a place is that packed and you get there as late as we did, you're usually lucky to get one or two in. I guess Cat is just good like that.

We started off with a pitcher of Amber Bock, and had another one, but then I convinced him to drink Coors Light instead because 1) Amber Bock is like drinking bread and makes me full and sickish, and 2) Coors Light is $4 a pitcher whereas Amber Bock is $5.50. I also did a Vanilla Russian Car Bomb shot, which bored me to death because I really wanted a Goldie (that's the 151 with grenadine on top dropped into a glass of Red Bull.) His friend D*Martin from the other night (yes, the one who randomly kissed me) showed up. I thought that maybe when D*Martin showed up, Poke would stop holding my hand and stop touching me, but he didn't. I was impressed and a little elated. He even kissed me in front of D*Martin, and that really threw me. In fact, Poke touched me a little bit more once D*Martin got there...Maybe Poke really is going to move on from that girl.

During the course of the night, BB called me from Oklahoma. He told me he missed me and I should come visit soon, as if I just have the cash to up and fly to Oklahoma, but okay. I told him about the brain stuff and he said he would pray for me. Apparently BB has found Jesus in Oklahoma - I've been wondering where the Messiah was hiding all this time!

After the karaoke ended, Poke and I stopped by his place to pick up his bottle of Southern Comfort. We drove home and when we got there we did a few shots and then sat at the kitchen table talking about everything and doing a shot here or there. Poke told me that he really enjoys spending time with me, even when we're not in bed (haha that was a joke on his part) and he's amazed by how much we have in common. He told me that he doesn't really want to be with her, but his friends keep trying to get them to stay together. I told him that it shouldn't matter what his friends want, only what he wants. Then he said the last time he tried to introduce someone new into the circle, they totally rejected her because she didn't fit in. I think that is why he had D*Martin come hang with us at karaoke - I think he may be slowly trying to integrate me into his circle of friends. His brother already met me, and D*Martin of course, and another boy and girl that I didn't really talk to too much. He said his brother thought I was really nice. D*Martin seems to like me, so I guess that's good so far.

Anyway, back to the kitchen table. So we talked about the girl, and Poke revealed his feelings for me and how he thinks we are just an awesome match but he doesn't know what to do about her. We talked about my job, we talked about his friend C. who is very controlling and has five illegitimate children, we talked about everything really. It was a great time. Then, we went upstairs and had the craziest wildest sex ever. I don't think I can really go into too much graphic detail because, well, I'm not a literotica writer, but I will say this: It was a tragedy that we only had two condoms. I literally passed out by five a.m.

Wednesday morning, I was actually hung over. I haven't been hung over in about three years. Amazing. I left Poke sleeping and came home from work around noon to let him out. He had cleaned up my room and fed Sheeba. Again, I was impressed. We sat and watched a movie, and talked a little bit, and then I had to go back to work. He said he would see me on Thursday. While I was at work, TM called me. He said he wanted to call while I was sober so he could apologize properly. I told him I appreciated it but nothing had changed. He said, "Ok, take care of yourself" and we hung up. It was a little weird. Later at night, GMc came over finally to eat this damn chicken I've had waiting to be cooked. I used my outdoor grill for the first time ever! When the chicken was done, the coals were still really really hot and ready for cooking, so I gave GMc a giant beef roast that was in the freezer and he threw it on. This thing was a solid brick of frozen beef. We went to Zuey's for about two hours after dinner, and when we got back the roast was beautifully cooked perfectly. A little too bloody for me, but perfect for GMc. We sliced some for him and then threw it back on to cook a little more for me. All in all it was a fairly okay day.

Today I had to go for the MRI. It wasn't too bad, I was not worried anyway. They didn't do the kind with the dye either, so I didn't have to have anything injected into me. The machine was really really loud though, and it would be like click click click click click click then whirrr whirrr whirrr whirrr whirrr whirr and then stop suddenly. Then the girl technician would come on a little speaker and ask if I was okay and then it would start the clicking and whirring again. It only took about 20 minutes total. It wasn't as cramped as everyone makes it out to be, but then again I'm not the least bit clausterphobic - in fact, I am whatever the opposite of clausterphobic is... I'll figure it out by the end of this post.

After my MRI I picked GMc up at work and we went to Senor Antonios for lunch. It was a wonderful time. I love spending time with GMc, he's like my constant in this crazy effing world. No matter what, I can count on him to be the same all the time. I'm so happy to have these wonderful new friends. I hope things are starting to change for the better for me!

No comments: